On March 27, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted the draft decree "On distribution of funds provided for in the state budget under the program 2801540" State support for livestock development, storage and processing of the agricultural goods, aquaculture (fish farming) "for 2019".
According to the decree the state support in 2019 will be provided for the development of the livestock industry, stabilization of livestock numbers and improve its genetic potential, stimulation of the increased livestock production, aquaculture (fish farming), and attraction of the investment to construction of storage and processing facilities for agricultural goods, in particular, grain.
Specifically, the funds will be allocated to the following areas:
- partial compensation of loan interest rates to cover expenses associated with implementation of activities in sheep breeding, goat breeding, beekeeping, fur farming, rabbit breeding, silk worm breeding and aquaculture (fish farming) - UAH 50 million;
- partial compensation of construction and reconstruction costs of livestock farms and complexes, milking rooms, enterprises for processing agricultural goods, in terms of expenses financed by bank loans -UAH 100 million;
- a special budget subsidy for maintenance of dairy, dairy and meat and meat cows – UAH 700 million;
- a special budget subsidy for raising young cattle – UAH 700 million;
- partial reimbursement of the cost of breeding animals purchased for further reproduction, namely: heifers calves, in-calf heifers, dairy, milk and meat and beef production cows, pigs and boars, ewes, rams, bulls and semen of bovines and cattle embryos, which have breeding (genetic) value – UAH 250 million;
- partial reimbursement of the cost of construction and reconstruction of livestock farms and complexes, milking rooms, enterprises processing agricultural products – UAH 850 million;
- partial reimbursement of cost to the agricultural producers for construction and reconstruction of enterprises for storage and processing of grain – UAH 850 million.
It should be reminded that the Law of Ukraine "On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2019" under the budget program 2801540 "State support of livestock breeding, storage and processing of agricultural goods, aquaculture (fish farming)" provides for a total fund expenditure of UAH 3,5 billion.
In accordance with Article 22 of the Law of Ukraine "On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2019", the distribution of funds under the budget program "State support of livestock farming, storage and processing of agricultural goods, aquaculture (fish farming)" (code 2801540) is implemented by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and should be agreed upon with the Budget Committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Press Service of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine