The EU project «Support to the development of geographical indications system in Ukraine» supports Ukraine in establishing of an effective system of geographical indications in line with the Association Agreement signed between Ukraine and the European Union. The Project cooperates with state institutions, producers, business associations, consumer associations, tour operators and all other interested parties who are committed to improve the system of geographical indications in Ukraine.
- improvement of the legislation of Ukraine that regulate the area of geographical indications and its harmonization with the EU norms
- professional development of civil servants working with geographic indications
- providing advice on rebranding of goods using the EU geographical names
- facilitating registration of Ukrainian geographical indications (in particular – wine, spirit beverages, cheese and honey)
- development of wine / gastronomic tourism in regions where geographical indications are registered
Key partners of the Project:
- Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine (MEDT) which is responsible for implementation of the state policy in the field of protection of intellectual property (IP)
- Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine (MAPF) that is responsible for rural development and a quality control system of agricultural products.